We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We wanted to inform you that our office is now open as and able to see patients again, per the regulations from the Texas State Dental Board. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We want to assure you that we adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that you bring and wear a mask as you enter the practice and throughout your visit, except when we will ask you to remove it for treatment.
- We will provide hand sanitizer for use upon entering the office. There will be sanitizer in reception and in our rooms for use throughout your visit.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please call our office number 512-892-6200. We ask that you wait in your car until we are ready for your appointment. We will call you back when ready and greet you at the door. Your temperature will be taken, hand sanitizer provided, and you will be escorted to your treatment room. We will not allow anyone to sit in our waiting area. These temporary additional precautions will remain in effect until further notice.
- Appointment amounts have been reduced to allow for social distancing between patients and to reduce patient overlap in the reception area.
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone, if possible. If the patient is a minor or someone that requires assistance from another person, we will allow one other person to accompany them, and if possible, that person should wait in a car during appointments.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 512-892-6200 or visit our website at https://www.bainesdentistry.com/.
Thank you for being our valued patient. We appreciate your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. John C. Baines & Team
For more information you can visit http://tsbde.texas.gov/covid-19/